Enterosgel® – the original silicone Medical Device intended for the elimination of toxic substances, correction of intestinal microbiocenosis and restoration of gastrointestinal mucosa epithelium.
Sorption detoxification action. There are two mechanisms of Enterosgel®’s binding activity – molecular adsorption and coprecipitation in gel. The medication has a porous globular structure (sponge-like) with a set pore size (mainly mesopores), which allows adsorbing medium-molecular toxic metabolites (with a molecular weight of 70-1000 Da) – bilirubin, cholesterol, urea, creatinine. Substances with a molecular weight of less than 60-70 Da (metal ions, mineral salts, electrolytes) are virtually not bound by the medicine. Through its coprecipitation mechanism, Enterosgel® is capable of binding macromolecular compounds, including different mediators, ferments, bacterial endotoxin (lipopolysaccharide, LPS) and others. Apparently, this is due to a number of stereotypical “distant” (extraintestinal) positive effects that are observed during the intake of Enterosgel® in various pathological conditions: inhibition of lipid peroxidation, decrease in the content of circulating immune complexes and pro-inflammatory cytokines (reduction of the severity of the systemic inflammatory response), subindemnification of immunodeficiency, activation of detoxifying and synthetic functions of the liver, improvement of the kidney function, increase of regenerative-reparative potential of a number of organs and tissues in generalThe Medical Device is highly biocompatible and has virtually mini side effects and contraindications. [V. Nikolaev, K. Bardakhivskaya Enterosgel® – a universal silicone enterosorbent.]
Enterosgel® has the following set of properties:
- The surface of Enterosgel® is of organic nature, due to the presence of globules of methyl and hydroxyl groups on the surface, entailing the hydrophilichydrophobic properties, affinity to biological tissues of an organism.
- Interaction with gut microflora. The Medical Device Enterosgel® binds and eliminates pathogens from the gastrointestinal tract, their metabolic and decomposition products. Gram-positive and Gramnegative bacteria and fungi of the genus Candida are subject to adhesion. The medication does not inhibit the saprophytic intestinal microflora (bifidobacteria, lactobacilli, etc.). The elimination of pathogenic organisms from the gastrointestinal tract occurs physiologically and leads to normalization of microbiocenosis. Moreover, Enterosgel® binds and removes viruses, such as rotavirus, hepatitis A virus and others [ I.A. Maev, Yu.N. Shevchenko, A.B. Petukhov The clinical use of Enterosgel® in patients with disorders of the digestive organs. New approaches to therapy. Guidelines — М., 2000.]
- Enterosgel® enhances the state of the gastrointestinal lining, promoting its recovery by means of sorption of toxic waste products from microflora, which are harmful for the gastrointestinal epithelium, sorption of products of incomplete metabolism, as well as enveloping and regenerative qualities of the medicine [ V.N. Chernobroviy, I.G. Paliy Use of the medecine Enterosgel® for treatment of intestinal dysbiosis — К., 2007. — 76-79 p.].
- Detoxification with Enterosgel® improves the state of all parts of the immune system, promoting compensation for secondary immunodeficiency and reducing autoantibody titer and content of circulating immune complexes in blood plasma [ O.I. Osadchaya, I.V. Bagdasarova, B.S. Sheyman, V.G. Semenov Influence of enterosorption with the medicine Enterosgel® on indicators of immunological reactivity and antitoxic resistance in children with pyelonephritis // Nova medicine — 2003 — № 3 —68-69 p.].
- Enterosgel® enhances the immune defense of the epithelial barrier of the intestinal mucosa. The level of sIgA, responsible for local security and protection of mucosal surfaces against the penetration of micro-organisms, increases in the lumen of the intestine [ V.N. Chernobroviy, I.G. Paliy Use of the medecine Enterosgel® for treatment of intestinal dysbiosis — К., 2007. — 76-79 p.].
- The use of Enterosgel® lowers the level of bacterial endotoxin (LPS), the excess of which depresses the immune system and adds extra load to a number of pathological processes [V. N. Serov, A.A. Voronin, O.N. Golubeva et al. Application of enterosorbent “Enterosgel®” in the combined therapy of patients with sexually transmitted infections ].
- The inclusion of non-invasive methods of efferent therapy using enterosorbents in the already adopted and widely used regimens has been proven to improve the efficiency of the treatment.
|Pharmacode||Brand Name||Description||Pack Size||Pack UOM||GS1|
|2482940||Enterosgel®||Paste (suspension) for intake||225gr||g||8 594161 370116|
|2482959||Enterosgel®||Paste (suspension) for intake||90gr||g||8 594161 370253|
The effectiveness of Enterosgel® has been proven in numerous Clinical Studies over the past 30 years. The potential use of Enterosgel® for the effective treatment of many other serious diseases is being studied with interest by European researchers. Please contact us if you wish to study or use Enterosgel® as part of your complex therapy.
Select multiple tags to refine your search
- Enterosgel® is a highly efficient Medical Device for treatment of a wide range of chronic diseases of the digestive system as accompanied by irritable bowel syndrome and a disorder of microbiocenosis status.
- When Enterosgel® was included in the complex therapy of pathologies of the digestive system, such an inclusion resulted in normalization of defecation and stool nature, the arrest of pain syndrome and meteorism, decrease of inflammatory process and improvement of the intestinal digestive function according to the coprology data, elimination of the colonization of pathogenic flora and restoration of the colonic normal microflora status.
- According to the endoscopic and morphologic functional studies, it is identified an increase in thickness of the mucosa and intestinal villi height, with a decrease in crypts depth. Significantly is reduced a swelling of the epithelium, severity microhemorrhages and the level of lymphocytic infiltration of the epithelium, increase in number plasmocytes in the proper lamina of mucous membrane, reflecting the positive effect on the local immunity status.
- During the Enterosgel® investigation for morphological parameters, it was found a large scatter of data and a considerable orientation variability of changes in investigated parameters, which may be due to the difference in effect as conditioned by the pathogenesis of the disease.
- The leveling down is reported of activity in the erythrocytes antioxidant protection enzymes, which is regarded as a positive sign as conditioned by normalization of antioxidant protective function of a diseased organism.
- A positive dynamics of the AOI (from significantly negative values to the normality) takes place due both to excretion of the free radical oxidation products from the body and the supply of organism by natural antioxidants.
- In assessing the complex preparation, it is necessary to proceed by selecting and/or grouping patients homogeneously in terms of clinical and severity factors, age and sex of patients, because these factors influences the morphologic and functional indices.
- The respective investigation results showed the need for a dynamic and long term examination of patients, allowing us to identify how this preparation influences on various clinical and functional indices and their changing rate in different periods of the disease.
- Enterosgel® in recommended doses and duration of use does not disorder the status of the mineral and vitamin balance of patients.
- There were not identified any side effects or complications as related to the digestive organs when in use of Enterosgel.
- Enterosgel® is recommended for a widespread use within the complex therapy of patients with chronic diseases of the digestive system, accompanied by inflammatory changes of mucosa and the disorder of the GIT motor-evacuation function.
Performed investigations allowed determining a high clinical efficiency of Enterosgel®, its positive effect on both intestinal mucosa and microflora status without disturbing the digestion and absorption processes. Registered is the immunomodulatory effect as conditioned by normalization of the eubiosis status and decrease of inflammatory activity in the intestinal mucosa. When in using the preparation, there were not identified any side events and/or intolerance cases in response to.
Enterosgel can be recommended for a wide use in treatment of chronic GIT diseases that are known to be accompanied by disordered defecation and intestinal eubiosis.
Enterosgel® clinical studies
Enterosgel® is an odourless agent with smooth texture basically based on organic silica. Its chemical properties and actions on the body are compared to carbon. It is compeletely “friendly” for the organism and that is why suitable for most people and able to give allergy relief, cure atopic or seborrhoeic dermatitis, acute and chronic urticaria, non-allergic dermatitis, sunburns and acne. In the bowel lumen the product adsorbs endogenous and exogenous toxic substances of different nature, including:
Bacteria and bacterial toxins
The study of 25 patients with chronic inflammatory diseases (HID) in stage of remission has demonstrated efficiency of intestinal absorption method (enterosorption) to reduce significantly the total concentration of bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) in the general circulation.
Studies have shown the ability of Enterosgel® and its derivatives with 3d-metal cations to adsorb rotaviruses from virus-cintaining fluid that offers great opportunities to use them for the laboratory diagnosis and treatment of rotavirus-induced diarrhea. (Adsorption activity of Enterosgel® toward rotavirus, 1997)
The use of the organosilicone sorbent “Enterosgel®” after termination of intoxication had the corrective effect on the regional hepatic lymph nodes and brings the ratio of structure-functional zones virtually to the control level.
Antigens, food allergens
Enterosgel® is a highly-active safe medical device, which is well-tolerated by patients. Administration of Enterosgel® in the complex therapy of patients with allergic diseases allows reduction of the terms of hospital treatment of patients by 10-15%, decreasing the need for antihistamine drugs, glucocorticoids, and bronchial spasmolytics, and reducing the treatment expenses by 15-20%.
Enterosgel® was shown to have beneficial effect on the allergy status and promote normalization of total serum IgE levels, early interferon, and pro-allergic cytokine (Interleukin-5) concentrations in patients with food allergy manifesting by angioedema. The study was shown the benefits of gastrointestinal sorption (enterosorption) achieved with Enterosgel® during the combination treatment in patients with food allergy manifesting by angioedema.
Use of Enterosgel® in the complex treatment of NASH patients on the background of CHD and type II DM is an effective and safe method of hyperlipidemia correction. Enterosgel® helps to eliminate syndrome of lipid distress (lipid distress syndrome-), including diabetic dislipidemia, reduce the activity of systemic inflammation and atherogenic potential of blood plasma. Enterosgel® helps to improve the functional state of the liver. Based on the data obtained, absorbent Enterosgel® can be considered as an effective means in preventing the progression of the atherosclerotic process in patients with NASH and concomitant coronary artery disease and type II DM.
Enterosorption is an effective and safe method of sorption detoxification in the combination treatment of IBD in children, since it reduces the toxic load on the detoxification system of the body and the risk of developing infectious and autoimmune complications. Enterosgel is the adsorbent of choice since it has high effectiveness and safety in young children, significant cytoprotective effect, convenient pharmaceutical form, and can be used in a long-term repeated course. Enterosgel has a positive effect on the clinical performance of the disease and is effective in reducing the symptoms of intestinal dyspepsia and diarrhea in patients with Helicobacter pylori-associated gastroduodenitis.
Salts of heavy metals
The clinical observations and studies performed allows one to draw the general conclusion about the efficacy of this enterosorbent. Enterosgel® is a pathogenetically proven component for etiotropic and non-specific therapy of chronic occupational intoxication. Use of Enterosgel® aids the improvement of functional states of the main barrier and detoxicating organs and systems and correction of the leading pathogenic mechanisms of toxicity from industrial toxins. The results of this study affords grounds for recommendation of Enterosgel® for wide application in the clinic of occupational illnesses.
Enterosgel® was confirmed to have radio-protective effect (according to the data of KGB Hospital of the Ukraine, 1989-1990). Here, total average radionuclide blood activity in militaries not receiving Enterosgel® increased 5-fold during 2 weeks in the exclusion zone. At the same period, total blood activity increased only by 0.4% in the group receiving Enterosgel.
Enterosgel® promoted intensive release of radionuclides from the body tissues and their excretion in the adsorbed form with feces, which justifies the use of sorbent in contamination.