1. The rate of mono and combined norovirus infection is high in the structure of acute intestinal infections in children admitted to the hospital and amounts to 16.8% and 13.1%, respectively. It ranks second in frequency after rotavirus. Most often norovirus infection affects children aged 3-6 years.
2. There is a distinct seasonality of norovirus infection, which coincides with that of rotavirus infection. Frequently noroviruses cause disease in winter and spring months (December, January, March).
3. The clinical picture of norovirus infection is characterized by acute onset, with repeated vomiting, intoxication symptoms, mild catarrhal symptoms, gastrointestinal lesions by gastroenteritis type, and exsicosis, degree I-II. Reliably and quickly clinical symptoms stopped in children older than 3 years of age. The younger the child's age, the higher severity of clinical symptoms.
4. Norovirus and rotavirus infections have significant differences in clinical manifestations. Rotavirus is marked with wider clinical symptomatology, persisitng for a longer time compared with norovirus infection. In norovirus infection the stool is significantly less watery than in rotavirus infections, while repeated vomiting is observed more frequently.
5. The use of antibiotics in the treatment of norovirus infection in children is inappropriate. The optimal therapy is a combination of oral rehydration and probiotics, reducing the duration of intoxication symptoms and providing more rapid relief of GIT symptoms.
Dolzhenko M.N., Šipulin V.P., Sokolova L.K.
1. The presence of NASH, which occurs in 62.5% of patients with coronary heart disease and type II diabetes, requires reassessment of complex lipid-lowering therapy used in the studied patient groups due to the frequent concomitant liver pathology.
2. Use of Enterosgel in the complex treatment of NASH patients on the background of CHD and type II DM is an effective and safe method of hyperlipidemia correction.
3. Enterosgel helps to eliminate syndrome of lipid distress (lipid distress syndrome-), including diabetic dislipidemia, reduce the activity of systemic inflammation and atherogenic potential of blood plasma.
4. Enterosgel helps to improve the functional state of the liver.
5. Based on the data obtained, absorbent Enterosgel can be considered as an effective means in preventing the progression of the atherosclerotic process in patients with NASH and concomitant coronary artery disease and type II DM.
Keywords: adsorbent, hyperlipidemia, lipoproteins, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis, coronary artery disease, diabetes mellitus, sorption, cholesterol, Enterosgel.
Bezlyuda N.P., Baranyuk A.P.
Novel intestinal and topical adsorbent drugs with detoxifying effect (studies were conducted in 1980-1990 by order of Main Military Clinical Hospital of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine) were widely evaluated in military medical facilities. The Military Hospital of Kyiv (nowadays the Main Military Clinical Hospital of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine) participated in the medical and biological evaluation of novel drugs from the beginning of their development (V.N. Fadeev, F.G. Novikov, N.P. Bezlyuda).
Baranov A.A., Geppe N.A., Karpushkina A.V.
CONCLUSIONS AND PRACTICAL GUIDELINES
The medication Enterosgel offered by the enterprise "SILMA" approved itself as the efficient agent for treatment of various allergic pathology. Taking of Enterosgel by patients having the atopic genesis of bronchial asthma and dermatitis helps to arrest the broncho-obstructive syndrome and skin syndrome due to adsorption of allergens. Enterosgel allowed patients to withdraw from antihistamine drugs, reduce the administration time of bronchial spasmolytics. It showed a high clinical activity in the therapy of both acute and chronic digestive diseases.
Thus, Enterosgel is the efficient supplement to conventional treatment of allergic and gastrointestinal diseases in children.
Bagdasarova I.V., Fomina S.P., Lavrenchuk O.V., Osadchaya O.I., Sheiman B.S., Bagdasarov R.V.
Prevalence of urinary system diseases in Ukraine is 37 per 1000 children and tends towards constant growth. Among the urinary tract infections pyelonephritis (PN) is the most serious problem, which occupies a leading place among nephrology pathologies of childhood [3, 4]. In the recent years, an increase of recurrent and latent disease types is often accompanied by development of intoxication syndrome, probably caused by agents of toxin production, as well as by response of the body, with the development of endotoxemia, metabolic and immune distress.
Arajev N.L., Vasilčenko L.V., Breděljeva N.K., Merikova N.L.
Treatment method of intestinal adsorption with Enterosgel made in the early days in newborn infants with isoimmune hemolytic disease is pathogenetically substantiated, provides more favorable course of the pathological process, the positive dynamics laboratory markers leads to a lower number of exchange blood transfusions and phototherapy sessions, reduces the risk of infection in newborns and shortens the period of inpatient stay. The intake of Enterosgel is safe, its implementation is simple and affordable.
Keywords: аdsorbent, hyperbilirubinemia, hemolytic disease of the newborn, enteral sorption, Enterosgel, the newborn.